Prenatal Appointment with our Midwife

Today is a exciting day! Today at 4:30pm will be our prenatal appointment with our dear Midwife (We are having a home birth and have been seeing a Midwife). There is only 4 more days till the official "due date" which is very exciting. We could have our son any day now, and it's such a thrill! My hubby and I have been writing down when I have pressure waves, and have been joking about my water breaking!

Our son has been dropping and dropping in my tummy gradually, and it's getting harder and harder to get out of bed (my husband pulls me out by my feet at my request, like a big tuna fish by it's tail) or just walk around without having to double over with him pushing down on some nerve or my cervix.

Two weeks ago my cervix was 1/2cm dilated, and I was 40% effaced. I'm quite excited to see the progress my body has made in two weeks! Marla is, by far, the best Midwife! The tradition of midwifery still lives, and the experience of a senior midwife has been a night and day experience compared to the Nurse Midwives at the hospital here. Yes, they are good, but you see them for 10 minutes, and they don't have time to find out what you really need to do to optimise your pregnancy, look into your nutrition, and help you to keep your pregnancy normal and low-risk.

Comments