Hand Dimples and GI Joe crawling


Picture
Hand dimples
It has only occurred to me recently just how fast my kids are growing. With George, I had been rocking him in my arms and frowned at his hugeness in length and stature of size. I remember how small he was, smaller than Emilie, and the small length of him on his special nursing pillow... and how hard it was to get the hang of nursing! He's growing so big. Last night out to dinner, my hubby was talking of the practical jokes his co workers played on each other, one being how one was so overly excited for his fortune cookie during the whole meal and then once he got it, another smashed it with one fall swoop of a hand. One strong hand, crushed his supposed silly and "unmanly" wish. Everyone burst out laughing. I told my husband, "How sad, every man is just a little boy deep inside and belongs in his mothers arms." I've never had this perspective before, but being a mom myself now and seeing how men think and act gave me this new idea of thinking. Of course, in Genesis, the Bible says a man should leave his mother and cleave unto his wife, so I'm more speaking figuratively and emotionally, but you get my point right? We need to realize, that we all have that innocent child in us, and we should not to to squash it out of others (even ourselves). Men are men, so we to treat them as such, but deep down they are also boys, so keep that in mind. I think marriages and other relations would be happier if we were kinder to one another, be aware of peoples inner child's, and that if we did there might be more peace and happiness in our homes, families and abroad. I can't help think of George as a gown up man, and know he will always be my little boy. These experiences gave me more insight of how Scott's mom must feel about him, and my mom of my brother too. Their sons will always, be their little boys in their hearts, and George the same with me. Oh, I love you my Sweet Little George <3 I also love you too my dear Hubby and our Sweet Daughter Emilie <3 
With our little Emilie, we have some exciting (Scott says terrifying) news! She has begun to crawl!!! Now, she doesn't use her feet quite yet, but boy is she close! Emilie puts her two forearms forward and drags her whole body up along the floor! Amazing, huh? With her rolls, directional pivots and now GI Joe crawling, we are now going to have to take a few baby proofing measures (including filtering through George's toys). It's sad, happy, and terrifying that she is growing so fast, faster than George ever did! Scott tells Emilie "Take your sweet time, it's okay if your behind (the milestones), take your sweet time!" I'm just so happy she is still so small and tiny. I can't believe she's already 8 months!!!

Emilie's little personality just beams, and her smile lights a whole room! George is still the only one able to make her laugh the most, but we're now able to get her to giggle more ourselves!

Well, off to get the kids ready for church. *waves and hugs*

Comments