Almost Christmas!


Ok, so it’s been 4 months since my last post… I’ve been a naughty girl and will probably get coal along with the chocolate in my stocking. It’s pretty depressing that so many blogs could have been written but haven’t, but I guess I can only look forward I just choose to get in another blogging habit! I also found google gives unlimited storage if you have their app, so I’m finally unloading my phone of 64GB and going to take a lot more pictures now!… since I’ve filled up my phone… twice.

Life has been pretty hard with our own challenges, but we’re keeping our chin’s up and a lot of good things are happening. My mom has agreed to baby sit 1-2 times a month up here so Scott and I can get a date in which is a huge blessing! Scott and I are actually taking time for ourselves too. Once a month he’ll be going shooting with buddies and I’ll be getting my nails done and going for tea weekly. It seems pretty important to take care of yourself and taking some breaks, especially when life seems challenging. I've noticed the stress lift as I've given myself a little love. Heavenly Father is really looking out for us and I’m feeling his help and support, which I’m ever thankful for!

For Christmas, we have a lot to look forward to. My mom will be coming up to spend Christmas with us, which we’re all excited for. It’s been pretty hard to balance Santa and Jesus though. I really feel like Santa is a major distraction for Christmas and a horrible way to manipulate kids into submission (ex. Santa will know wither you’re naughty or nice). All of the Christmas movies we’ve watched have had NOTHING to do with the Savior, but all about Santa Clause, elves and Rodolf the Rednose Reindeer! It's pretty lame they don't have any real Christmas movies for kids on Netflix or Amazon. At the same time, in my heart, I love the magic, you know? I always have. But can’t we make Christmas exciting by centering it on the Savior? Just a thought.

Well, I’ll post more pictures and stories after Christmas. I send my love to all! Love, Mary, Scott, George and Emilie.

P.S. Don't you just love the pictures of Scott and the kids?! We'll get a family photo in of us all one day, but for now, my heart will just have to be content melting seeing Scott and the kids in love. <3

Comments