Third Biopsy


Well friends and family, it looks like Scott will be in the hospital a little longer. The second biopsy results came back early yesterday, but unfortunately are non-diagnostic... meaning they learned jack squat from them. Take a deep breath, because it's all going to be okay and we've got fantastic doctors working with us. Today they are squeezing in a third biopsy and getting even bigger chunks  this time. Sadly, I've lost all my hopes of these biopsy's, but the third times a charm right? They're going to go through his pectoral and lung to get to the icky lymph node area and, lets hope, they get a really, really bad piece of it this time that will let on what's going on. Scott being a brave fearless knight and will endure all fire breathing dragons coming at him. He's doing okay.

For us up here, we're really sad we haven't been able to go down the hill to see him with this weather we've been having. It's been Winter Weather Advisory, gusting winds, snow and rain with low viability. The list visit I had to Scott the wind almost blew my off the freeway and I lost control of the car with the anti-skid breaks. Guess driving at 70 mph isn't so wise, even if everyone else is doing it. I popped on those hazard lights I drove like I was an old, old granny. I was like, "Hah, I don't care how pathetic you think I am! As far as you know, I'm just a crazy Californian who never sees any rain!". Well, I admit my experience is minimal. Scott told me not to break any speed records, so I didn't, but he really should have told me to break my slow record and make it good! Where I skid was the same place my friend flipped her truck too. Highways are a little more dangerous with gusting winds...

Well, tomorrow we'll be seeing Scott. It should be hard rain, but we'll take it slow. Scott is getting ready for his 3rd biopsy and will be underway at any moment. This time the results really should be next week, but who knows, maybe they just won't be able to help themselves and just have to study it out of curiosity!!! The doctors have been really pushing sped up reading results and have done a really good job at it!

George and Emilie are still under the weather and really quite miserable with coughs! It's been way easier that they've been sick the whole time Scott's been admitted. The fierce storm has given me much needed rest, though I long to see my hubby and give him some comfort. We have called in the Reserve and grandma and grandpa are on the way and will be in town tonight! We'll see how the Biopsy goes with Results in the beginning of the work week.

Comments