Emilie's first nail clipping!... for her AND me!


Picture


Ok, I know it might turn out to be shock, but I've never clipped a baby's nails in my life! Yes, I'm a mother of two! How did this happen? Well, my husband took nail duty for George and I in turn was never forced to cut a nail in my life. Even now, Scott's done all the cutting for George.

Now however, Emilie's hands had been covered for so long and Montessori style recommends fresh clipped nails so they can explore with their hands... Scott was just fine keeping her nails covered, so I figured it was thus my territory to conquer, so I ventured out into the scary unknown. Just look at how TINY her nail is! Talk about daunting, am I right?

Anyway it proved to be a very empowering experience, and we BOTH lived to tell the tail! No baby fingers were harmed in the process, nor the mental health the mother, myself! Ah, so thankful it turned out all right! Girl power, yeah! ;)

Comments