Family Reunion


In the beautiful mountains of Utah, we at long last met our family. The trip was grueling, but we made the all nighter and we were met with happy greetings. The official one day family reunion was totally awesome. The kids had so much fun, Scott got to catch up, and I got to talk to some of my favorite people in the world again!

The family reunion place rented out for the day was the most amazing park area. The kids had so much fun rolling down hills, playing horse shoe and volley ball, and playing on a nice and extensive playground right beside all the adults. Whoever picked the spot was genius! My only complaint was to the whether in the high 80's. I'm thankful now for low humidity; without that I think I would have died... seriously.

Today Scott, Lynette, Jenni with Derek and Eden, and Scott's dad, went on about a 4 mile hike. I am so thankful I didn't go, because Scott was so exhausted when he got back... I would have been carrying my 20 pound baby girl in a sling the whole way. Yesterday, lagging three blocks to the playground gave me fair warning enough! ;) Anyway, after everyone got back from the hike, it was picture time. I was smacked in the face with reality though as we gave a novice photographer four kids to take pictures of, three of which were in diapers, and all wiggle worms! We reined triumphant in the end though, with 3 photos for our $20 Groupon!  All of which were pretty darn cute, especially of Eden! I Dont think I'll do something like that again though!

Our next big event of the day is Kayaking, and George with daddy and Aunt Val just pushed off. George is far less terrified of the water now (after his accident at dog beach) now that we got him a toddler life vest for the pool. Now he's all smiles and full of confidence in the water. Scott was sure to point out and show him that he can't float in the water without it though. Val pointed out her friends daughter didn't realize she couldn't swim without a vest and they had to jump in after her. That's a bit too much confidence!  Well, George paddled off cute as can be with his Sunglasses and Kayaking toddler vest, and bottle in mouth. Its finally gotten a bit more cool out, and everyone is stoked for some kayaking!

Comments