Happy Birthday Emilie! Bedrest for George...

At first I had no clue what was wrong. George was throwing up everywhere, and had horrible diarrhea, yet he was emotionally fine and still lively. After a second throw up, he was on bedrest with Octonauts and chicken broth. He's doing better now, but lets just say, when your toddler is sick, a diaper is totally a lifesaver. Poor guy. He's a whole lot better now though, and back to his old self! 
Picture
Emilie, our little Jedi, is 1 year old! I still can't believe it. Only after we opened her birthday cards, and handed her her presents did the realization strike me... I was like... "Oh my gosh... She's 1!!!" Wow Mary, a little slow there!

Emilie has been so cute and adorable. I'm happy to announce that she's finally bonded with Scott by now too (after she mastered a "true crawl"). Now when daddy comes home, she puts her arms up and can't wait to be picked up by him. Sometimes now, she refuses to let him go and even come back to me! She'll push my hand out of the way, or turn and burry her head into daddy, crying. Boy, was it hard when I was the only one who could hold her without her crying, and I'm glad that the circle has opened up to Nana and Scott, as well as myself at least, but I still hurt when she doesn't want to come back to me! Is she becoming a daddy's girl? Oh, she is so cute though, and so sweet.

At the age of 1, she can say "mama," "dada," "Hi," with a wave, and is in progress with trying to say "EIEIO!" for the song Old McDonald Had a Farm. I must say she is way more expressive than George ever was as a one year old. They say communication makes up of 90 something percent of language. It didn't appear that way with George, but it sure does for Emilie. She is also very visual! She communicates well with body language and knows what certain motions I give mean. Emilie also expresses her desire for food by smacking her lips! Emilie will also come to me, when I motion for her to come, and also realizes when I do short excited steps with my hand up that I'm going to pick her up and gets ready excited. She also realizes that when George takes something from her, that all she needs to do is to look at mommy crying, and that I'll fix it! Ok, maybe she's training me? I've been good at teaching George to share, but I'm going to have to put effort into helping her learn too! There comes a point when learning can happen, and I think she's finally there now, and I'll need to teach her. She'll learn over the course of the rest of her childhood. Emilie and George send their love. George is having a melt down so I gotta go! Love, Mary

Comments