Hello Again!

Oh goodness... so long since I wrote and look where the times gone. So much to catch up on, but I can’t possibly, so I’ll give you some fanfare pics ;)
We had a fabulous time with family over Christmas with bountiful playing for the kids, being in one another’s company, and fantastic holiday food. Emilie really bloomed in the company of so much family around too. George himself loved all the attention and especially loved spending time with his cousin Sloan! On our trip, we also managed to sneak in the new Star Wars movie, which I give 5 stars for not disappointing! The kids were fine at first when we started the trip home, but later we got lots of questions from George, “Can we go see grandma and grandpa?,” “ Lets go see Sloan!”. It’s hard to explain to a three year old that grandma and grandpa are across the country, as well as his dear cousin Sloan. By this point though, he realizes we can’t see them just quite yet again though.

When we got back home, we were really surprised by how cold it was. A bit warmer than Chicago, but really not by that much (though we did hear it was suppose to get even colder in Chicago than it was when we were there, brrr!). We’ve been contented to stay completely upstairs with Propane to get the heat up to where it should be and then blasting the heaters all day. Cooking is a bit miserable, since I have to go downstairs, but overall the benefits have been me becoming a faster cook (LOL) while still eating healthily. I totally give kudos to my Stanford Nutrition class! One thing I’ve discovered though is that veggies may not always be healthy! Everyone’s body is built differently. Also, with a bit of research, I’m thinking going crazy with verity with eating vegetables isn’t too smart (a little sure, not as crazy as my class says though). It has only been recently in history that we could have vegetables year round and to boot that, it was only passible to get vegetables that grew in your own country and region. I bet in the future, they’ll warn against having too much “verity”. Today, they recommend having vegetables (and a little fruit) make up half your plate. When doing this though, I find it hard to get enough calories and I also found a really interesting article that said too much vegetables can hurt us, and it helped me not to go crazy with it (HERE). Scott loved that article by the way ;). On another note, that I'm super proud of, is that Scott has made awesome improvement with his blood sugar! Last night, it was the lowest that it has ever been, 96!!! They key? We don't quite know, but it's probably a combo of a diet low in carbs, high in vegetables. He also had some major cardio and muscle workout when shoveling the driveway for over an hour yesterday, so that may have helped too. It's probably because of a combo of the above and the new low dose of Insulin helping speed up the progress. Scott's also able to have a bit of candy and an occasional coke and do fine too :) Anyway, I'm proud of him, he's doing really good. :)
The other day (I just had to add this pic and story, so cute), Emilie wasn't feeling so well and she didn't want mommy, she wanted daddy! She went right up to him and snuggled into his shoulder. I couldn't get her to budge, even if I wanted her too. It was super cute.

Emilie hasn't made any move to walk yet, bet the pediatrician said she's able to if she wants to, since she can pull herself up and walk/scoot along the edge of any piece of furniture. The visit to the doctor for her one year check up went great, although the shots were a bit traumatic for her, and she ended up puking all over during the second shot. She does not like shots, poor girl. She promptly fell asleep in the car after, but is doing well once again!

George is doing great too, and is full of energy and excitement. We have finally established a schedule, and both George and Emilie are doing well with it. Almost half a week into it, and Scott and I love it. I've started many alarms like my sister does and it's totally made me a better mother! An hour before bedtime, an alarm goes off and we turn off half the lights to calm things down. Then on the second alarm, we get ready for bed. We brush teeth and have potty time, get PJ's on, say family prayer and read a story for bed. The kids are then alseep by 8-8:30pm and then we get 2 to 2 1/2 hours to ourselves. Complete bliss! Why we never did this before, and I can't possibly imagine going back. Scott and I never got any time to ourselves, and now we do! I recommend solid bedtimes ;)

Comments