Aunt Karla and Aunt Adele & Easter celebrations

Aw, it's been too long! Well, anyway, what's happened? Well, we've had a terrific visit from Aunt Karla and Aunt Adele a few days ago and the kids were so thrilled (and us too) to have them! True, Emilie looks like she's being tortured, but she's actually did quite well despite what it looks like in the picture! It was so awesome to have them here for Easter too, and they got to partake of our new Easter traditions (Resurrection Rolls with a picnic in the breeze, and the rocks in a easter basket replaced by toys and chocolate bunnies in the morning). It truly was awesome to have them over and it's sad that the visit was cut so short! Scott, George and Karla really enjoyed a massive hike after our Sunday picnic while Adele and I enjoyed ourselves sitting on the blanketed grass and chatting. This Easter truly was beautiful, and we can't wait until the next one. It's such a beautiful holiday and I think I'll call it my favorite since it was so happy and hardly stressful at all. We did have an Easter dinner on Saturday, but it really wasn't that hard at all (Scallops cooked in butter, Sweet Potatoes, and a butter & salted vegetable dish. Of course, we also had sparkling cider!). Yes, we had a very happy Easter, and it truly is among the most special holidays because it celebrates our Savior Jesus Christ's resurrection and the beautiful gift of the atonement! We can live again after we die, isn't that an amazing gift? I think so!

On Monday it started getting a bit chilly, and now it's even snowed! I do love the big puffy white puffs that float down from the sky! The more puffy the white snow flakes, the bigger I grin every time. Our wind gusts have been very hard though too, but we've been safe inside our cozy home. When getting the kids all bundled up to go outside, George was excited to try his new hand-me-down Windbreaker, but quickly wanted to go back inside after he felt the hard gusts of wind! I managed to keep them outside for 20 minutes, but now they both have a cold. Well, I can't win. High security inmates get more outdoor time than the average American kid, Child psychologists and grandparents insist how important it is for children to be exposed to the outside (no matter what the weather), and I'm sort of crying in-between. "Yeay! I got my kid outside!... Awww... they have a cold and now I can't expose them to another human soul... and awww, I still have to take them outside so now they're NEVER GOING TO HEAL!!!" Ok, that was me being exasperated. Seriously, if you listened to everyone... well, you'd be dead (because whether it's a terrorist or an environmentalist, they'd prefer you'd just die... both for different reasons). I guess we just have to use our best judgement and common sense (a cold really isn't that big of a deal I suppose). Anyway... we saw a bunny on the walk and it made the walk worth it, cold and all.

Comments