Today and Tomorrow's Appointments

Picture
Today Emilie had her 15 month appointment! Sadly, she remembered the trauma from last time's shots (she's thrown-up the past two times in complete shock and horror), and didn't trust a single soul there! The appointment still went pretty well though despite that. When the time for shots came though, instead of just letting Scott take over like every time before (with me hiding in the hallway), I stayed and held her this time. I suspected it was more traumatic when I wasn't there (she's a 'Mommy's Girl' when she's in pain), so I was hoping it'd help, and it did! I also found out they had popsicles there and that was an awesome addition to help her! Between mommy-comfort and a pink popsicle, Emilie got over the shot in a jiffy! Man, I felt so better about it this time! Emilie is looking healthy and doing good too, by the way and is 40th percentile in weight and hight.

For George, we may or may not be able to go to his dentist appointment! You can't see it well in the picture, but there were big puffy snowflakes falling down and our driveway is completely covered! We did get chains while down for Emilie's appointment, so we're hoping they'll help pull us up our steep driveway (major design flaw). Anyway, I hope it all works out tomorrow. Keep George in your prayers, I hope his getting a shot in the mouth won't be too painful or traumatic!

Comments