I'm back... and new rooms

It seems like whenever there is a major upset in my life, I stop writing. I'm sorry, but maybe I can get this going again. Miscarriages are difficult, but there are worse things in life. Apparently I don't have it that bad at all, because my doctor said another patient had 10 miscarriages, whereas I've only had five... and I'm sure there are people who've had it worse than her. I guess no matter how crappy or hard life can seem, there's always someone whose had it worse... so don't complain, at least out loud, or people will rub your nose in about how good you have it... and it's really annoying.


Well, nothing new is happening... actually scratch that, there is; we're painting the kids' rooms and giving them themes! Imagine my mom and I, packing up all toys away and leaving their rooms bare (I'm planning on only putting some of the toys back, by the way. I've reached the stage in my life where I could care less about donating and throwing away toys... unless they're my own... okay I still have growing to do). We've moved the small trundle beds from upstairs down into their rooms, and tomorrow, mom and I are planning on getting our "paint 'thang" on! Emilie's room will have a princess theme, and George's room with have a sailor theme. They picked out their own themes with help from my mom and Pintrest. We really need a winter hobby I guess because it's getting too cold to garden... renovating rooms, here we come. Emilie's room will be Princess Pink, and George's will be stripped white and blue on the lower half of the wall, with light blue and clouds on the upper half. Yeah, Emile's is just one color, but pink rocks and no ones complaining. Less work, yes please.

For the moment, George is sleeping with Emilie in her double trundle and they're actually liking it a lot. We've completely emptied out their falling apart Ikea dressers and their clothes are now in their closet in built-in cubbies. It works. After the rooms have been painted, we'll figure out what toys match their themes or at least have a theme that goes with other toys that can be grouped, and figure out how to store them and compartmentalize them. Thank you Bernstein Bears' book, "The Messy Room" for being my inspiration. No pictures yet, and no before pictures I think, but there will be some 'after' pictures. Keep posted for new news. It will be exciting to see how it all turns out.




Comments