Potty Training Complete. A New Diet. Completed Goat Fence!


With a two day kickoff and some follow through, George is now potty trained! And before his 3rd birthday too! What had to be done was a timer on my phone for the first two days, timed for just before he could possibly have an accident. After  a hundred alarms, and him going potty, after reassuring him that he could go back to doing what he was doing right after, he got in the swing of things. On the second evening, we both didn't need to use the alarm (me, because I'd been practically brainwashed of what a 20 minute cycle was, and George, because he knew what to do after 100 times!). The only pitfalls this week were when he was so absorbed in what he was doing, that he forgot to go potty and had an accident. Today at church though really sealed the potty training 'seal of completion' when he survived a whole day at church without any accidents or any diapers to cover his underwear (and we didn't even have back up pants, what was I thinking!?). George, you are awesome. Scott, thank you for your support. Emilie thank you for being our mascot that I could whisper my approvals of George to. ;)

Another thing that's new in the Cutler household is my new diet... that my children are now having to suffer though. Yes, we take vitamins, don't worry. And no, we aren't vegan (never giving up cheese again...). I am now using the Mediterranean diet! No, not restrictions, but for a primary guideline. I still butter my toast, drink an occasional soda or ginger brew, and NO ONE IS TAKING MY CHEESE OR ICE CREAM FROM ME! Ok, so cheese does seem to make me sick, as well as wheat... and milk in ice cream form actually is not quite appreciated by my body. I'm just having to have a little less of them that's all. The number one reason diets fail, is that people let them heavily reduce or restrict food, which is not my goal. I will be a carnivore once a week when I visit my mom (and my body will protest). Anyway, the reason I'm doing this diet is because I believe I have IBS (all my symptoms coincide with it), and my whole life I've been wondering, "why do I feel sick after every time I eat". If you asked my husband, he will acknowledge that after every meal for most of our marriage I have uttered the words, "oh, I feel sick." Not any more though! ... well, as long as I stick to the Mediterranean diet. If I eat pizza, it's a given. With this Mediterranean diet though, I've felt amazing. I've tried this diet once before and remember how great I felt. The reason I quit before though was because I went overboard on olive oil and then I couldn't eat another Mediterranean diet recipe, plus I went overboard on the complicated recipes. The main thing that I've learned is that Mediterranean is suppose to be simple. Simple ingredients, simple prep. If I realized how simple this could have been, goodness, I would have stuck with it before. The main downside of this diet though is that I'm losing weight. Hah, hah, yes I know, some would love to loose a few pounds, but I'm a skinny breastfeeding mommy, losing weight is a no-go for me and I'm hoping this won't affect Emilie too much (I'm still taking prenatal vitamins, but I really shouldn't need to). Because of this I'm debating on seeing my doctor and getting a referral to a nutritionist. I really want to feel good and not sick all the time, so I want to do this right. The diet has been approved for family and kids alike as well. Well, I'm continuing on the adventure, wish me luck!

As for the goat fence, Scott has done an incredible job of it! The whole fence is now completed besides a few fence ties, and the goats are the most blessed and happy goats in the world, seriously. Rocks and boulders to play on, more than an acre of fresh vegetation, and an endless supply of water. If I was a goat, I'd be the happiest goat alive (the only thing I would want would be a bed!). Scott has worked for months on this, during every free day possible, and now our dreams of not having to walk the goats twice a day, have finally come true. I would have given a better picture, but I need to withhold them to keep our geographical location private. Kimmie, Roger, Sam and Nephi give their salutations. Love, Mary.

Comments