Updates

Picture
Picture


​Brrr, it's getting cold! Luckily we had a few days warm streak, so I'm not complaining (I hear it's 9 inches of snow in Chicago!). The temperature is dropping again to the 40's and 50's on average and as cold as the 30's. The 60's have been awesome for outdoor fun but alas, goodbye. George, Emilie, Scott and I have had some nice outdoor time. All from letting the goats out, to eat the long grass out of reach, to letting the chickens out of their coop in experiment to see if they wouldn't die in our site. We've also had some fun hikes around the harder to reach parts of our property, and some playing, with rolling wheels down the driveway and throwing balls up at the roof! Yes, it's been fun! Now we'll have to get George some snow pants... and Emilie a new snow suit that fits! 

Picture
My blog just totally deleted itself, Weebly, I thought you changed! Ugh. Well, family was up around the 18th for an early Thanks Giving. We had fun. The kids had so much fun with Scott, as you can see from the picture to the left! George had so much fun with his cousins too and was in complete tears when they had to say their goodbyes and go home. Do you see that car to the right of them? They all crowded in and on that thing together. Hilarious right?

For thanks giving meal, it was a nice one! I wish I would have remembered that one of Kat's girls (she has a remarkable fear of becoming famous so I can't show her face on my blog or probably even mention her name...) is vegetarian, then I would have focused more efforts on vegetarian food! Well, it was a great meal we had. I have to give a shout out to my sis Kat and her hubby Jesse for taking over the Turkey again this year and also making the yummiest apple pies! I'm so scared to cook a Turkey, but I suppose I'll have to do it one year (or maybe I'll just buy a rotisserie chicken...?). I've also decided I need to learn to make my own apple pie, it's a really cool process.

It was so nice all being together this year again. It wasn't perfect, at times it was stressful, but we still managed to have a great time together as a family. I love my nieces, I love my sis and brother and their families too. You guys are awesome, and I love you. <3

Picture
This I thought to add... on the way to church we saw two pigs walking in front of us on the way to church. Man, I love my neighborhood...

UPDATES:
  • This last week, Emile has switched from GI Joe crawling to a real baby crawl
  • About three weeks or so ago, Emilie got her fifth tooth and her sixth is in progress! The tooth that came in is... um... you know the top two front teeth? Well, the one on her right came in! The one the left of her two front teeth is in progress (is that why she's waking up so much at night?)
  • We saw two pigs on our way to church (worth mentioning again, it was rather strange).
  • Our electric heaters are working to replace propane
  • And sad news, my dog of 13 years and 11 months passed away on the 20th of this month. I'm going to offer a full blog to him for a memorial and it will be posted shortly. I've been through so much stress, that's partially why I haven't blogged in awhile, that and the stress of family problems. I don't have it as hard as others, so my problems are not worth mentioning (and if they were, this wouldn't be the place anyway, right?). Keep it happy.

Thank you to all the family who read my blog. You mean the world to me.

Comments