Fourth of July with Katherine, Rebecca, and Penelope








For 4th of July, my sister Katherine and her girl's, Rebecca and Penelope came to visit! Yes, I know this post is way overdue, and alas, I am sorry!

We had an incredible time for the fourth of July, and I now have dubbed it my favorite holiday! Why? Hardly any prep work at all! Get together, swim, have a BBQ with steak, spend time with family, and then see a few million dollars worth of fireworks for free over the beautiful San Diego bay! Going down the hill is a pain of course, but completely worth it in my opinion. San Diego, we'll take your 2-4 hour traffic every fourth with my new Waze app! Prepare yourself for next year, we'll be there!

Leading to the fourth, we had a lot of fun too. Granted, it was totally unplanned and unscheduled fun, but we still had fun. Kat learned that legos are fun, but my kids really aren't there yet (scattering is more their game). Rebecca and Penelope showed George and Emilie how to have real fun with water balloon fights, and teaching them to assist in the Rebel alliance. Nana enjoyed watching the kids play and occasionally pulled out her hair when dealing with technology. Scott came out from his work office occasionally to chat. And I sat down most of the time, tired, but enjoyed everyone being there (and George and Emilie preoccupied a bit!).

With going down on the 4th, all the kids, sorry, "children" (I remember Rebecca corrected me on that. "kids" are baby goats... they're children ;)), all digged the pool. Playing with my 200-something pound husband who could throw them easily across the pool had to be fun for them too. Rebecca said, "That. Was. Awesome." every time Scott threw her across the pool! Penelope loved the throws too. Both Rebecca and Penelope seem to be cold blooded as well, because those two weren't phased by the cold pool at all. George and Emilie on the other hand had purple lips and chattering like crazy! George and Emilie refused to leave the pool though and I'm amazed they didn't get colds!

For the fireworks, we went over from Nana's boat about 20 to the hour. It wasn't long after we were settled down and the radio tuned that the fireworks boomed! Oh, it was so beautiful. Can you think of anything more amazing than celebrating the birth of our beautiful country and being able to be free, and the people who fought so we could be free?! The music played to the fireworks was incredible and made my heart bubble with joy. Seeing the fireworks go off in all directions was amazing, I still remember grinning! Being there with family made it really special too. Cody and his family were unable to travel from AZ, but they were in our thoughts the whole time, and hope they can travel next year for the 4th.

Now that the party is over, we're all back to our lives, but it was sort of depressing after everyone left. I'm still using the whole foods protein shake mix my sister left me, and the kids are playing and reading the toys and books left for them. It's nice to think of Kat, Rebecca and Penelope every time we pull a book out of our Strawberry box they were brought in. Strawberry boxes for book cases, who knew?!








Comments