Park City part ||


Our journey to Park City Main St. today is a tale to be told, because we lived. For the first time in my life, I have ventured on a vacation completely alone to defend the kids and myself and dared go to a crowded tourist destination. What can I say beside the fact that we survived and had a little fun in the process. I might have almost crashed into a few cars, gotten some honks, gone on a street that says "do not enter" for Trolley's only and received some wondrous grins from people waiting at the Trolley terminal, but it worked out. Apparently though, I'm just a terrible driver, so... just don't trust me with your kids because I barely get myself and mine out alive as it is. Church events you want me to drive for? Don't bother, I'll end up killing everyone. If Park City has taught me anything, it is that I'm a horrible, fretful driver in traffic. Even George was critiquing me, "mommy, why aren't you going?!" Well George, yes the light is green, but I have to yield going left, and that little gap that I'm getting is just not big enough... I'm waiting for a green arrow! Park City, I give you an "F" for being a small country town (you have a Walmart for crying out loud!).

So, what did we do for just an hour or two in the center of Park City? Our Itinerary was, in the following order; The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, the bathroom, Miner's Park, La Niche for gelato, and back to Miner's Park, the bathroom and back to the car with a few skinned knees and a hurt head. We managed. Honestly, everything went rather well considering, and I actually grew a little confidence!




Naturally, we started at the Chocolate Factory. That only makes sense right? Well, the name let me down a little bit because I didn't see a fountain of chocolate pouring or them even making chocolate, but they did have a rather good selection. Ironically, George and Emilie chose to skip chocolate and go for the Sparkle covered marshmallows. I couldn't blame them, and I now I know just what to make for a special treat! Instead of spending $2.75 for two marshmallows on a stick dipped in sprinkles, I'm going to make them myself for a fraction of the price. Seriously a rip off, but a big eye catcher and the kids loved them, even if they said, "mommy, I feel sick..." afterward. ;) For myself, I bought some majorly over priced fudge. I'll give it a 3-4 star rating though, even if it was a super small piece costing over $6. It was a nice little trip, but I'd sue them over the name. It kept the kids sitting down for about 5 minutes of munching and licking though!


What is George holding? I have no clue, but I think he found something worthy of a Geocache!


Every parent's first question when going to a new place is, "where the heck is the bathroom?". Well, we found it right next to the "Chocolate Factory". The only catch is that you have to go down a seriously steep stairwell and then go down a long hallway to the bathroom. I was very happy there were gender separate bathrooms, because I was seriously doubting they'd even have them (it's not about equality, it's about freaking safety!). The door at the top was rather cute though.



Almost immediately George and Emilie complained about being tired. Mentally I said, "SCORE! Bring it on. I'm sleeping tonight!!!" We had a water break in front of the Park City Post Office, and even Emilie decided to lay down and go to sleep on the steps of some random restaurant. It was hilarious as she sat up temporarily to scream at the top of her lungs at people passing by, "QUIET, I'M SLEEPING!!!".




At the Miner's Park, George and Emilie really enjoyed seeing and climbing on some old mining equipment. The park was rather small, but there was a bathroom there too, some grassy area, and some cool statues to take pictures with. For some reason, they both decided to lay down under the statue as I coxed them to pose for a picture. It worked.





Firstly, I just want to rename this place, "The Cave of Wonders" (Aladdin reference). This place has Gelato in the very back and is packed to the brim and every square inch with breakables! If you get a scary image in your mind, you got it. I told the kids it was like Aladdin going into the cave; don't touch anything, and then they'd get Gelato, but if they'd touch, NO Gelato!!! Compliance was mandatory, because even gripping them, they could reach something breakable in arms reach in every direction... but by golly we were getting that gelato!!! I'd like to say Emilie would have lost the battle had we really been in the cave of wonders... luckily she didn't shatter anything though, but she did grab!!! I gave her gelato anyway. I can't eat gelato in front of her, can I??? Oh, bad mommy. Well, we got Nutella Gelato, and oh my goodness was it amazing. If I could take my money back from the Chocolate Factory and spend it here, I totally would have! It was $4.50 for ONE scoop of authentic gelato imported from Italy. We spent $12 on four marshmallows and a small piece of fudge at the Chocolate Factory!!! Between the three of us however, we truly enjoyed our gelato and it was worth every penny (I was so tempted on getting another scoop, but I was trying to teach my children self control... as I stared at the gelato... I think I liked it more than them though *tear*).


The Free Trolley was so cute, and as we left from the Miner's Park for the second time, and to head to the car to go home/B&B, I got the perfect pic!

The kids may have fallen on the side walk a few times, ran a bit ahead down the side walk, and get knocked in the head from backing into passerbyers, but overall, we had a good time! Would I go back and do this again though? Maybe in a couple of years.

Comments