Park City Vacation





It's been wonderful so far. With a low key vacation, I can do it! Now granted, I haven't done too much out of our hotel so far, but the place is so nice that we're staying at we really don't even need to. The pool is absolutely to die for with it being so warm that even I can go in without any pain, and with Direct TV George and Emilie have been enjoying Paw Patrol! Heavenly Father blessed me with finding this place, because it's perfect.

Yesterday, we solely traveled up to here and stayed! We got unpacked, the kids watched tv as I made my reservations, we swam for a few hours (in the amazingly warm pool), watched tv maybe a little too much, and ordered in pizza with cheese stuffed crust and a side of chicken wings. That's my kind of day! The beds weren't that bad either, and the shower was so nice.

Today, it was pretty hectic. Well, the first half, since only half the day is through. There was some complications with my reservations and I cut it close without wiggle room. Apparently the Kids Cabin the kids were going to stay at has two locations... and the location right next to my apartment was apparently the second phone number listed on their web site. I had to call, switch some reservations around, and rush to the other Kid's Cabin. It was a blessing though, because everything worked out better that way I think. Looking back, I'm rather proud that I dealt with the complications (even though I did freak out a bit) with having to call and change times at both my appointment and the babysitters, but I truly feel it was all for the best. I was completely blessed with saving as much money as I did too, with Baby sitting just $30 (normally for locals only, should have been $44) and my float session $40 being my first time there (normally $50 for first timers, but I had to leave early to get back in time to my kids). Bottom line was that it all worked out, and was amazing! 

Ok, what is a "Float" session? It's basically this giant futuristic pod full of therapeutic Epson salt... like a lot of salt, so much salt that it makes you effortlessly float! It feels like you're in space! They have studies that show that a few 60 minute floats is equal to a long vacation. Well, I got a nice short vacation, without worrying about my kids or anyone else with my 45 minute session! There's basically sensory deprivation and it shows that it has positive benefits for your brain. At first it was really hard to get use to, and it was a bit scary the whole time, but counting to 200 helped. I thought it amusing though, that while I was floating I was recalling my fear of drowning and remembering my vivid imagination and imagining sea monsters... and the fact that the whole pod could suddenly close and fill up with water and drown me. Using that Pod takes a lot of trust apparently, at least on my part! I was able to overcome my fears though and did ok, but could never fully be at ease... Would I do it again? Maaaaaybe (probably after I work out some things with my Emotion/Body Code practitioner, Becky). However it was something I really wanted to try at least once, and it was awesome to try it out.

George was completely fine with being babysat when I got back to pick them up, but Emilie on the other hand proceeded to give me a mouth full at how upset she was and that she didn't have fun at all. Well, at least I had one 2 hour break. It was something that I just had to go through with, and I'm glad I did. Emilie totally took me up on that "ice cream offer" promise I gave her, about how we'd get it once I got back. I'm impressed she remembered! Instead of going to McDonald's, we headed over to Walmart and grabbed some healthy food, dinner, and some ice cream. At the moment Emilie is asleep and I'm just writing my blog as George watches TV that I normally would never let him watch... aka Disney Jr. (don't get me started about the regular Disney Chanel).

Once Emilie wakes up I suppose I should push myself with going into town with the three of us, but I'm super hesitant. I'm so happy here and we're enjoying ourselves, why should we go? To push myself and make myself uncomfortable I suppose? This is a vacation, so we'll plan to have some fun. It might be eating ice cream here and going swimming, or braving public transportation and the streets of Park City. We'll see what happens!





Comments