Chicken Coop... DONE!


The chicken's are pleased to announce, to everyone, that their chicken coop/run is completed, and boy are they happy!!! Daddy is completely sore from yesterday, but the chicken coop is done! It was so awesome to see all those earth peckers running around and stretching out their giant chicken legs.

Yesterday, we learned some awesome things too! #1, George is a complete natural with chasing and picking up chickens (I'm not kidding; the chickens aren't too fond of it though), and #2, how vital George's role is in taking care of those chickens! Do you see the half of the coop in the picture that is propped up? Well, those scared-i-cat chickens won't go up that ramp by themselves (some with help, and others refuse to be pushed up) and we have to get them, and when we go to get them they run for cover! Nevertheless, George came to the rescue. He went in there and not only chased those chicken's out from under the coop, but he picked them up as well! Oh my goodness, I have not see a more confident boy pick up a chicken in my life! Granted, I've never seen a boy pick up a chicken, but even if I'd seen a million boys pick up chicken's I doubt there's a boy as confident as George! Scott and I were cracking up at how cool it was to see!!! George's now permanent job will be helping us daily with getting the chickens in and out! George just ducks his head and goes in with all purpose of heart, picks up those chickens and they cluck in distain, and puts them right on the ramp. It's really awesome to see!

All the work that's gone into that coop and run has been tremendous, and we're so happy to see it up and running! I'm pretty convinced Scott built one of the best chicken coops in existence. Run, happy chickens!!!

Comments