Workout Routine Day 3

I know I've been on workout sprints before, but I managed to break into a habit with kickboxing in college so I'm pretty confident I can keep this new routine up! In the mornings, I don't go for a run, do pull ups or pushup, lift weights or even kickbox now, but I.... DANCE! Yep, that's right, dance! I funnest workout and it doesn't seem like a chore.

I admit my muscles are getting a bit sore, so I'll probably shorten my workout, but I won't be stopping or I'll break the habit! Habits are hard to make and takes around two weeks to develop a habit. I recall going though the rigorous process of creating a workout habit with Scott, going to 24 hour fitness every weekday. We totally rocked it and could have won a golden medal... but with George in their truly amazing day care (they were so good with him), he kept on getting sick... really sick. A habit is hard enough to form, try reforming that habit over and over again. We did that over and over again, till the George's second emergency room visit being deathly. Lets just say I wrote 24 Hour fitness a writhing mad letter and told them exactly how I felt and why we quit. George hasn't caught any more sicknesses that have put him in the emergency room since we've stopped going so it was definitely the right call! With dancing at home to instructional and how-to-dance videos, I don't need a sitter and George can join along as well! He loves running in circles around the whole room while I dance too (his version of dancing :)), and so far, the whole routine is going awesome. An exercise you can with your toddler is the best thing in the whole world!!! 

Right now, I'm just using free videos off Youtube to find some good dances. I've been starting the routine with Perez Hilton's "Great New Dance For (And With) Your Kids!" because George has been picking it for me every morning! After that, I like to explore Youtube and try to find new videos to dance to! So far it's been pretty exciting to keep finding new dances! I've gone from Raggae and Hip Hop to the "Country Heel Toe Polka" and even DDR with an imaginary footpad. There really are so many options. I'm learning about dances I've never known existed too! Did you know theres many versions of swing dance? The main three around the world are East coast, West coast, and Lindy Hop swing, and then theres more. I've also learned that dances such as Tango and Salsa are like cats vs dogs people! Then theres more versions of those dances. Anyway, the list goes on! The possibilities are endless. I'm just so thankful that God created the internet because there's so much one can learn! Of course, one totally has to be careful, tons of inappropriate videos out there. I'm thankful there are still some good ones though. :)

Comments