Elegant Emilie, NBA George, and a Stuck Mommy


After rummaging through some boxes in the closet we found some 3-6 month sized clothing, yeay! I remember this dress and having been so excited for Emilie to wear it. She looks so darling in it! Her favorite pastime is pulling the dress up into her mouth and soaking it in dainty drool, though here she's making a fabulous pose ;) Emilie is so different compared to George when he was a baby! Emilie is dainty, sweet, fragile, and has a fantastic scream that a toddler is capable of. George has only started full on screaming a throaty scream recently, Emilie's mastered it by four months! George as a baby was a ball of cuteness, hardy, and sweet... and later got into everything and became a tornado! I suppose Emilie will get there too once she crawls and reaches toddlerhood too! Anyway, George and Emilie are different but I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm so blessed to have them and love them with all my heart!  
Yesterday George found a basket ball and hoop at AMVETS! I thought, sure, why not? Little boys need as much outside time as possible and I knew this would help him get out. Ok, I admit I'm the one who keeps him in so much, but for my own reasons. This basket ball hoop keeps him contained in one area, and that's the one thing that was much needed! When I carry Emilie in the Sling I can't chase George as well and my back hurts so much (especially with the spinal pain from the Epidural). This hoop keeps him in one area so I can have Emilie gaze at the trees happily from her bouncer and let me sit and watch him score hoops... and take tons of pictures! George realizes he's the center of attention when the camera is on him too, and he really likes that ;) Anyway, this was a great investment for $5!!! George got the ball from a kind older gentleman who was leaving the store. I was shocked when the elderly man handed George two whole dollars and said "You like that ball? Here kiddo, you go buy that ball!". My mouth dropped open. Oh my goodness, there's people that kind in the world? Again and again I'm proven so, as I start to doubt so. Was he just old fashioned, kind, or both? I don't know, but he stood as an example too the world and made me rethink myself too.
After some pictures and hoops, it was time to go visit a friend. Well, I'm sorry dear friend, but my car is dead! Why? Um, I don't know exactly, but it might be the battery or the "starter", or another culprit. My mom taught me how to pop the hood though and I learned how to look in the hood. She also taught me how to clean the battery with soda pop and a wire brush. I think that's to help it if it's corroded, but it didn't work. I at least learned a new thing or two.

Comments