George and Emilie Portrait and Getting Ready for Church


Emilie wore a dress formally the first time to church yesterday (the one time a month ago leggings doesn't count ;)). After finally getting some tights at Target, I finally felt she could start wearing dresses. I was worried she'd grow out of them, just after I got them about a month ago on eBay. Little ones grow so fast, though a little bit slower once at Toddlerhood, that I couldn't wait another week! Already the dress has gone from her knees to just below her rear. Freaking out just a bit! Anyway, I couldn't pass up on a good portrait picture! It's as good as JC Penny's right? George looks so cute in his Cherokee thermal shirt and corduroy pants too!!! I did have to bribe him with ice cream after 3 shots to get him to sit back down, but it worked! Emilie was having some tummy problems so it made it a bit hard as she arched her back and rolled out of George's arms! I got one perfect pic though out of them all and here it is! Good job guys! 
To give you a  "behind the scenes," this is what it looked like before church as we got the kids dressed. Can you guess what is on George's head? If you guessed Emilie's tights, you're right! He grabbed them from me and put them on his head (Ok, I may have helped him since it was so cute), and proceeded to hop around on the bed like a bunny! Cute huh? ^_^ Nana had just bought him the book "The Runaway Bunny" and he's been liking the books so much. He might have gotten an idea from them!
After church, and before pictures, we all went on a hike . George made lots of little stops as he sat to rest and also some science observing of ants and such. Luckily we did not find a whole deer leg, like George did last time with daddy! I've never seen a mountain lion here, and never want to. Scott showed me the mountain bike trail George and him just recently started too. They're going straight into the brush and it looks like they have a lot of exciting work to do. It's good father and son bonding time too. :)

Comments