George's First Prayer and a Content Emilie


Last night, George said his first prayer all by himself to bless his own food! I can quote the prayer in a sentence. "Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for this day. In the name of Jesus Christ amen." We were so ecstatic! I was a bit bummed though, that he said "thank you for this day" which is a "Mormon habit of prayer" which seems to plague all members of the church, but oh well! I've done my darnedest to thank God for the qualities of the day, like the wind and sunshine, but if George says "thank you for this day," well at least he's got the basics down! ;)  Scott has also been helping him say his own personal prayers, which the one this morning consisted of, "Thank you for Monday, thank you for Tuesday, thank you for Wednesday..." and so on. It was very cute. He's getting good, really good!
Emilie has been doing pretty well herself, and living the highlife by staying in the sling as I go about the kitchen. If she's awake she hates being left alone on the floor or bouncer and will scream her cute squawk if I do (can't blame her really)!  Well, Emilie loves being held and bathes in the warmth of  affection and attention. I do love holding her, though as she's growing day by day, my back with my epidural mess-up is killing me (Ginger Essential Oil is a must in the morning and is the only thing keeping me from agony.)!

I really worry when she squawks though... squawking was not in the dunstan baby language nor have I every heard another baby do that before. Guess she's just special and amazing. ;)  At times I've wondered and've been worried about it, but I'm pretty sure she's just a strong independent girl, and knows what she wants. Her personality is screaming that she's going to be the leader type, and I hope I'll be able to guide her without her resenting me. I need to find that "Children are from Heaven" book, that goes over the different personalities and how to guide and parent them differently to their own needs and strengths. The author is  the same man who wrote "Man are from Mars, Women are from Venus".

Another update is that Emilie has really started to laugh these past few weeks. She loves to crack up over me pretend sneezing, at Scott's playfulness with her, and when she gets raspberries! Speaking of raspberries, her new favorite pastime is blowing them with her lips too! It's been hilarious as she sporadically breaks out in raspberries and occasionally blows them on your arms. She's a little ball of cuteness and smiles!

Comments