A trip, hair cut, and Scott's birthday!


Getting my picture taken with Michael Franzese

Awesome conference center!

Emilie in between throwing up. Poor girl... She got really sick.

For about a year I've been excited about going to a Home School Convention, about six months ago planned it for a family trip, and now it's already past! We really had the most amazing time. The "pent house suit" which was the same price as a regular room somehow, was actually a pent house suit! The hotel itself was decked out with a basketball court and pool with hot tub. While I went for mommy time of browsing curriculum, attending workshops, and meeting a Mafia Prince (Michael Franzese), Scott took on the job the "MacGyver Dad" by taking care off all child related needs! Oh my gosh, what a heaven sent break. Granted, there was stress by trying to figure out where the heck I was suppose to be going when I workshop was closing in on 10 minutes and no one seemed to know the layout, but I learned my lesson and just went to fewer workshops! The workshops were enriching, but I enjoyed browsing the curricula more. And boy, was there curricula. I swear, it was like mommy comic con.

I think I should clarify that I met with a former Mafia Prince. He found God, decided to walk away to be with the love of his life, and God protected him so he could spread His word... very long story short. It was a really touching story, and I was balling my eyes out hearing it in his own abbreviated form which he could fit within an hour. To be honest, I was still a little weary of him while shaking his hand and getting my picture taken with him, he is a little intimidating, but I was very happy at the privilege of doing so!

The last day of the conference, we decided to leave early, so I went right away to cram all the last important booths in in the Exhibit halls. I got some very good information and I was so happy I was able to go! It just so happens though, that the kids suddenly took ill on our trip (Emilie started at 5:30 am, but seemed to get better later in the morning), and George suddenly puking in the car as Scott was checking out! I had to make a quick escape... of course after I quickly pre-ordered a book for our foreign language curriculum! -The trip home was a pain, and they so wanted to be out with feeling so horrible, but they both got in some quick naps and we made it home sooner rather than later, with us all happily greeting our beds from the exhaustion. George seemed quite better after we got home, and by the evening was eating chicken noodle soup with us all. Emilie on the other hand had it a lot worse, but after a solid night of breastfeeding was better by the morning, though couldn't eat until the next evening. And at last, I too got it, but thankfully a more mild version of whatever virus it was. Ah, the trouble with pool water. That's why you fill it with chlorine until your nose screams!

BEFORE!

AFTER!


After waiting for the time for the salon to come, but never going, I decided to give cutting my own hair a try. I've never cut it this short myself, but that New Yorker salon artist (last one who cut my hair) gave me the courage. He said a mid neck-length bob goes with any face type, so there can't be a problem, right? Well, here it is, vwa-la! For not handing over $80 and doing it myself, I don't think it's bad! Could be better, but it's hair, who cares (and it's really fun to cut!).

Scott enjoying his cake!

Light saber duel!

Expert hands prepping daddy's cake. Go Luke Skywalker!

Yesterday was Scott's birthday, and we had some good fun! After work, we promptly had cheese-filled crust pizza and then headed upstairs to party! Scott was greeted with Shakira music and a Star Wars cake that George helped to decorate. Before the lighting of the candle, daddy and George had a "light saber" duel with Scott's torch and George's toy light saber. It was really cute. After some running around, we finally got to the cake, and ended the evening with the FreeMakers Star Wars Legos series and present opening. We had a great night! And you know what? Scott's old enough to run for president... I think he's too busy running our own country, with our Rebel Alliance kids though! ;)

Comments

  1. I love your stories and pictures, Mary! You did an awesome job cutting your own hair. I used to cut mine too after a few bad hair cuts from the "professionals". I made some messes, but hair always grows out! You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment