Camping at Camp Wildwood!








Well, it was an exciting weekend at Camp Wildwood! Not only did the kids have the funnest time ever, but they made good friends with their cousins Everly and Packs who are just months difference in age from George and Emilie, with Packs being closer in age to Emilie, and Everly being closer in age to George.

While camping out, or "Glam-ping" as Jackie our cousin called it, the kids were able to do Archery, swimming, zip lining (wow, right?), horse shoe, swinging and monkey bars at the play ground, had beach time in the Volley Ball area, and ran through sprinklers. Yes, it was all very amazing! When George and Emilie were having their "down time" it was play, play, play with Everly's Magna-tiles or pretend adventures on the electric carts, or saving the day with them all being super heroes.

For meals we ate fully cooked and warm meals made by Jackie, ate dessert of the most amazing pizza fruit pie, and talked around in comfortable chairs in the breeze. Sound like camping? Well, it didn't to me, but it sure was fun! As for our "cabin," notice the quotes there, it was a massive dorm, with it's own massive bathroom with 4 clean spider-less stalls and 4 clean shower stalls. It. was. amazing. The dorms were rather empty, and well, ginormous (no other way to put it), so we sort of picked a corner of the big, massive (really, massive) bare room/dorm and hunkered out with two bunk beds. Sadly, no matter how amazing the setup (bare bunk beds or Hilton hotel), sleeping anywhere that isn't home is chucking a glass bottle in a calm creek, and the kids (or rather I because of their need for me), slept poorly. Oh well, luckily only one night, but we had two great days of fun.

The Zip Lining was the most eventful thing that took place for me, as I got to watch my four year old son getting flung off a stable surface and plummet down a thin line at record fast speeds. The first time they attempted to get him to go, I heard a scream that was well fitting for someone facing their possible death. After George watched Everly go a few times he got the courage to go. As he was going down with sounds of joy and fear, it finally ended and he was ready to go again and not stop for the rest of the day (we only let him go three times though!). He ended up really loving it, but yes, it was definitely scary for the first time. When contemplating if wither or not I wanted to go, I decided I had had enough adrenaline with watching my baby hurling down that line and omitted from going down myself. I have a few links to videos on my google.drive below. Enjoy!

Video of George's 1st Zip Lining!
Video of top view, George's 2nd go at Zip Line!

Comments