The 4th of July


Living where we live, and then going to San Diego for fireworks (at least coming back afterward with all the traffic) is a nightmare. With that aside, we had an awesome day by the San Diego bay with Nana (my mom), my brother Cody, sister-in-law Holly and Kaydon.

For the time of making homemade ice cream, my mom was adamant that we use the hand crank for our ice cream machine; so we used the hand crank instead of the motor. It was actually quite an awesome experience, and doing it all together as a family and taking turns was a really awesome and fun experience! Us women (mom, Holly and I) started the cranking along with Kaydon and George, and we let our men finish it off as it got nearly impossible to continue cranking. Thank you to my sweet hubby and also to my Big Bro. :) In the end, we were rewarded with the most awesome ice cream... which most of us were too stuffed with hot dogs and turkey burgers to even finish! In the end, we at least could all muster a taste from our hard labors ^_^

After a day of grilling, some laughs and good swimming, we headed across the street to watch some spectacular fireworks. I am also pleased to announce, that for the first time in 16 years, we have finally got our silly radio working!!! Yes, we finally got tuned in to 105.7 for firework synced music. Yes my dear friends, we've failed again and again (last year with an attempt on our smartphone, and the website being too jammed to even play!), but this year we have finally, finally succeeded ... I would like to thank Red Cross for their amazing hand crank and battery powered radio that we used last night! Yeay ^_^

We had an awesome time for the 4th and thank mom, Big Bro and Holly for making a possibly good day awesome.

p.s. Holly, you may not kidnap my baby! Yes, I know, Emilie's so darn cute.
Picture
(image from sandiegovip.com from article published by Zahoor On July 1, 2014)

Comments