Moving downstairs


Ah, it’s all in a day. Well, George, Emilie, Scott and I have moved from our cozy and upstairs to the downstairs. George started thinking he wanted to sleep in his very own room and was very persistent about trying it, so we decided we wanted to be a little closer and take advantage of the master bedroom downstairs and giving Emilie her own room as well (so she can sleep better, not being waked by my every move). After getting a new mattress for hubby and me (our other one was old, hurt Scott’s back, and the springs bulging out the sides always gave my legs bruises when getting out… so we decided to upgrade!), and arranging the beds in George and Emilie’s room, we’re all settled! I myself am pretty excited to we switching to downstairs since that was my favorite pick when we moved in, but the upstairs room was the logical choice then with all of us room co-sleeping. Our new room has a nice giant tub, walk-in closet, cupboards in the adjoining bathroom and even two sinks! This was the luxurious guest bedroom master suit you might say, but now it’s ours! Guests will now have our giant upstairs bedroom with an unfinished barebones bathroom… I’m so sorry. Well, I’ll have more motivation to make it nice up there now since it will be for family. ;)


I remember being George’s age when I started wanting to sleep in my own room, so it might be an age that kids are naturally ready… however I didn’t do it his age because if you’re being real, night lights are pathetic and really don’t scare the monsters away! With George having a slew of colorful christmas lights adorning his room along the wall though, and a door wide open with the bathroom light shining in, he does perfectly well. Knowing that mommy and daddy are right down the hall instead of down the hall, up the stairs, around the corner and hallway, has seemed to comfort him too, and so far he’s slept two whole nights all the way through in his room. There still is a lot of cleaning and organizing to do still, but I’ll call switching everyone’s room a major accomplishment. Now next step will be to bring my giant dresser downstairs, the rest of all our clothes, reading books, and bathroom hygienics, and else-what’s.  However, we’ll leave that for tomorrow. We’re so proud of all the work and George and Emilie did to help as too. When Scott and I were hauling in our new bed, Emilie and George just had to come and help us with pushing (it truly was a family affair). Well, it’s all worked out. And when a lot of family come to visit the kids will gladly surrender their rooms since they’ll be sleeping on the floor for a sleepover anyway ;)

Comments