Shopping Spree!


After four months of not touching our clothes budget (totally unintentional, no effort on my part!), we had plenty of money for a shopping spree to get the kids some new (well, sort of) clothes! Just in time too, since they are both onto the next size. Now, if you have a good hand of cash, where is your first stop? Ours is AMVETS! Oh my gosh it is amazing, a whole new wardrobe for Emilie, and some extra for George (half his wardrobe was to the correct size), for only $40!!! See this outfit above? Pink frilly shirt, doubly cute shorts and purse in hand for a total of $5!!! The Hat and super cute jelly glitter shoes was my splurge of the day, both being $10 to $12 each at Old Navy. The little baby doll was a little extra gift I wanted to give to Emilie that we found at Target, on sale for $2.44 and has such adorable/realistic blue eyes and just the right size for her little hands! We couldn't really tell if she really wanted the doll though, because she kept switching from kissing and hugging it to throwing it as hard as she could onto the floor. My mom's guessing she's more of a lego person. In the whole ruckus of shopping, both George and Emilie are basically set clothes wise, and it's a nice relief. The shopping spree wouldn't have been your dream "shop till you drop," well, actually it sort of literally was, but not in the happy sense! Shopping with a toddler and and graduated toddler was the difficult. Thanks to my mom though, we were able to get things chosen and checked out in a mostly orderly fashion.

In other news, George has also decided he wants to sleep in her own room downstairs since he's "four" years old now. He's jumping the gun a little! I think playing in his room and seeing the awesome colorful lights hung up on the walls got him into wanting to sleep there. We'll see though. Tuesday night he attempted and made it only half way through the night. Now tonight he's adamant on trying it again with a bit more light. I told him mommy's close, and that the phone will be on call with us on speaker (muted on our end so he can't hear us and wake up), and can talk to us if he wakes up. This seemed to make him feel better. I actually didn't want this, but it seems George wants it! I do remember being his age and wanting to sleep in my very own room, but I was just too scared to do it! I remember even the one night that I did try it, and was scared out of my mind with how dark it was. Maybe the light will help George. In any case, he's the coziest little boy, snuggled in under his circus tent cover, beautiful lights, and one crazy fluffy blanket. I think he'll be fine :)

Comments