First Haircut of 2017!


BEFORE! And then...

Well, it was finally time for a haircut and after some research we settled on a cross between the classic boy's haircut (popular in the 1970's) and the Mod Fade. I really have no clue if these are standards, but I saw one picture, and one video, and sort of went with it and improvised with the skills and tools I had! This is probably by far, the most professional haircut I've done yet. Thank you George for being my dear subject while I learn! He'll be more thankful later in his teenage years that he let me experiment with his hair so much, because I can only get better and will be a professional by then when it really matters! He can't let on how cool he thinks my haircuts are though, because, well, that'd be "uncool". Already my poor boy is being thought of as silly when proclaiming to his whole martial arts class that "he got a really nice haircut today!" It was so cute. The coach hushed him though, swept it under the rug, and told him to get back in line! It really made my heart all bright and happy that he was so proud of it though!


With this haircut, I used electric clippers and accessories, hair comb, spay bottle of water, sharp hair scissors, and a cheap hair razor blade from Amazon (very important hair is well brushed, or ouch with snags!). I put a few photos below for a self visual reminder later when it came time to cut his hair again!

THE SCOOP OF THE HAIRCUT:
Basically, separate the Mane by wetting it and combing it aside. Trim sides at 1”, and ears with ear piece. Use comb and scissors to trim edge/side of the mane and bang length, and use a razor to soften it all up (There's a lot of softening. Backwards in sections, forwards and sides). Flip mane to other side (his left) and do the same with the comb and Scissors to the edge of the mane, evening it out. Comb all to front and even out the V of the bangs. Comb back to normal hair style (parted on his left, brushed to his right). From here I used a 1/2" clipper piece and shortened the back from the nape of his neck to the middle of his head. I neatened up the neck edges with the shortest clipper setting. After everything, I blended the sides of his mane into the shorter sides with the razor and took a little extra off other places I thought would be necessary.

Comb it out and give a Tablet with game! 
Part, wet and push mane aside, and then the work begins with the 1" shaving on side and back, and ear trim.

Even out edges and cut mane to desired length (remember cut less than more, because you can't uncut). Diagonal cutting gives a little softer edge. The more straight into it (vertically vs horizontal with comb), the softer it is and less dramatic.

Flip the mane over and 1" shave and ear trim the other side. Razor softening, mane and bang trimming as well. Shave the lower back of the head at 1/2" and clean up neck edges.

Comments

Post a Comment