Martial Arts for another time


Well, I had a feeling, and it turned out to be right, sadly. Starting around last week, George refused to participate in martial arts until it was well underway and the stretching was done. He started making a habit bowing in only when the fun really began. With it being rude, and with his insecurities that plagued him at the beginning of class, we thought it best to stop martial arts. If there's resisting, one shouldn't be forced! Martial arts, and the park and ice cream afterwards was fun, but we'll find other fun things to do. It was really enjoyable to see him in martial arts while he was in it, and he had a lot of fun himself while he participated! Just wish we hadn't paid for a full month!


The other night, daddy got on the guitar and enchanted the house with his amazing voice and guitar skills. George managed to get up on Scott's shoulders, but it didn't hinder him one bit! Any night daddy gets out his guitar is a real treat. I seriously have a rock star in our own home, wickedly handsome and with a killer voice!

In other news, Scott got to go to an "Elders Quorum" meeting today, which included talking and BBQ, gun shooting, dirt bike riding and blowing up trees that needed to be dealt with. Now, I've never heard of any Elder's Quorum meeting like that, but I guess when you live in the country and mountains, anything goes! I just remember how fun the Ladies' shot gun lessons went, and I feel no resentment for the fun those guys had today. They'll be pretty sore for church tomorrow though, and I'll be laughing if I see them all limp in!

Comments

  1. Oh my! This is such a beautiful ethereal photo. You're really something, Mary. You have an unusually rare gift. This is so full of feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think George inherited his dad's climbing skills. Maybe he also got his dad's singing voice too. I loved hearing him sing the Mother's Day song the Primary did.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment