Bye bye naptimes...


Yesterday, after much effort to get him to take a nap, George decided not to have a nap. I made sure we spent an hour trying, and that he could take up his nap time by resisting if he wanted to waste the time. Of course if he fell asleep within that hour I would have let him have a full nap though ;). Anyway, as success slipped though my fingers as he walked away, I said, "Ok, if you don't have a nap now, there will not be one later." Well, I held to my guns and no nap that whole day. Nap time had been tempting too originally, since he went "child zombie" on me by going hyperactive from being over tired. Oh, I love my little bugger. :) Well, I gave him a bath at 7:00pm (he went for 20 minutes) and then read him two stories while he drank his Vitalyte, till Emilie started crying and needed tending to. George drifted quickly to sleep as I worked on calming Emilie. It was amazing. Scott got home 20 minutes later, and we got in some cuddling in front of the TV with our show Covert Affairs. George fell asleep at 7:40pm and woke up at 7:40am sharp! A perfect 12 hours. Before he slept 10 hours at night and had a 2-3 hour nap. Balance restored!

Tonight I did the bath routine again, but this time included Emilie with the bath. She absolutely loved it! Getting out of the bath, not so much though. The pediatrician wants her to fall asleep by herself and not nursing, but that wasn't possible this time. When she gets over colic and gets the dairy out of her system, I'll see if I can manage feeding her, giving her a bath, and then just laying her down to sleep. I'm sorry though, I can't let her "cry it out" if she's uncomfortable, I'll make a way to make it as gentle as possible for her. I wouldn't be able to let her cry it out in good conscience (though I understand that for some moms, in order to be a kind mom, they have to in order to get any sleep). Anyway, George went to sleep just before 8:00pm again tonight, and so I assume he will wake up just before 8:00am tomorrow morning. So nice. Now if Emilie could get on a schedule, that would be pretty good! For now, I'll just aim for making dinner between 5-6pm and bath around 7:00, and everything will hopefully line up! Things work out that way at times. :)

Comments