February 25th, 2015

Thanks to George peeing down the heat vent, with me shrieking "NO!", George and I found our first bug to put in his critter creek bug observatory that we bought yesterday with Nana. George and I had been spending time outside today trying to find a bug to put in it, but without success. It was rather nice being outside in the sun and breathing the fresh air, but I admit I had some reserve looking for bugs when I go out of my trying not to look for them! But this is Montessori and I want the best for my son, so we're catching bugs here!!!!!!!!

It took me swallowing my fear, and putting the duty and welfare of teaching my son the "Montessori way," to help me catch that darn spider. The tube to catch bugs in is small and doesn't give you much space between you and bug, so I really swallowed that fear! Well, I accomplished my mission and George got to see his "bug" (yes, I know Spiders fall into the arachnoid category). George had the time of his life :)

Saying goodbye to "his" spider was not easy, and tears as big as the Pacific Ocean spilled from his and down his cheeks. I ripped his dearest possession and pet from him, when it was time to free Mr. Spider and it was really hard on him. After a bottle of Vitalyte though, and some story time, all was back to normal. Yes, it was really fun, but I look forward to the day when George can catch the "creepy spider" (as he called it, with a smile), himself! I long for the days of catching lady bugs, but know that day is far off since snow is in our not-so-far future. Until then! ;)

Comments