The No Dairy...

After the pediatrician visit, complete no dairy has been hard. Before the "hard core," the was at least my friend butter and I going through it together... My friend had told me it was the whey protein that baby's were allergic too (and theres no protein in butter!). Though that's true, there's multiple different things in dairy that one could be sensitive too, and that's why the pediatrician told me to say goodbye to my friend butter. How does one cope when you loose such a big 1/3 of your diet (yes, it was actually about 1/3 of my diet)? Dark chocolate and coconut milk ice cream make it just bearable, now that I've gone though a painful detox. Yes, dairy is addictive! Read this article I found, by Dr. Sara Gottfried, a Harvard-educated physician! It's true it's true, please believe me!!!! Click here ----> Kicking the Dairy Habit: Why It's so Friggin' Hard
I was so confused why I'm was going from withdrawal from DAIRY, and was so thankful someone validated what I was going through!!! Also, I'm not telling people to quit dairy, but if your a breastfeeding mom who's addicted to the stuff and has to quit because your baby is suffering, I feel you! I think dairy is great, I LOVE it, and it has tons of calcium and we need calcium. Other foods are fortified with it though, so we can survive. Almond milk, Hemp milk, Rice milk all are fortified with Calcium and that's what our pediatrician recommended to me to mix in to get my calcium. Sadly, I'm suppose to stay away from soy too, because if your baby is dairy sensitive, theres a good risk your baby could be soy sensitive too. After I get everything out of my system, I can experiment with one thing at a time to see how Emilie reacts (only in the morning or else she could have massive pain all night...) but I'm on square one and will have to wait another two to three weeks from the last pediatrician appointment (I was going crazy with butter...).
Picture
On another note, I'm eating dairy free ice cream, so I'm very happy I don't have to give ice cream up completely!!! I admit, it's not as tasty as real ice cream, but after a third of the way through I got use to the taste enough to really enjoy it. It's super expensive though ($6 at Albertsons), yeah.

With eating out my options are pretty limited too. To our delight though, there's a Greek Buffet and they serve tons of Vegan and also dairy free dishes with lots of meat! We were going to go to our favorite place called Yummy Buffet, when we realized all my favorite dishes there had dairy. I got super depressed and then Scott remembered his favorite Greek Buffet. Unlimited lemon chicken soup, Saffron Chicken, Gyros, and shredded carrot-coconut dessert, and I was in heaven.

The plus side with all the change is that there's a lot more room to eat healthy food. Take away a third of your diet, and it's surprising what else there is to eat. I hear that a lot, when one goes Vegetarian too, but I personally believe Vegetarianism is not healthy, though I do believe in eating meat sparingly (unless you're pregnant, then I think you should eat away a it, as I was instructed by my midwife). Anyway, sorry for the boring post about dairy, you can skip it and move on to reading about my amazing children, but if your reading this sentence it's too late and you've probably already read this whole post! Sorry! *wink*

Comments