Colic... we're obviously not "there yet".


Let's face it, technology and the cutting edge are, well... not cutting it. We are, and always will be, outdated and stupid. There will always be a future where new knowledge is unleashed or previous knowledge is disproven (like wine being good for you is a good example. Seriously, they go back and forth on that one, each time being so convinced they're right), and even in the peek of possible human knowledge we may come too, God will always trump us all in power, greatness and knowledge. Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is... well, I can't really eloquently explain myself, but if we can't even figure out colic, well, our technology must be pretty primal. I mean, come on, Web MD says this about colic:

"What Is Colic? Colic is a bit of a mystery. The term applies to any healthy, well-fed infant who cries more than 3 hours a day, more than 3 days a week, for more than 3 weeks." and "Colic’s exact cause is unknown, and that's why there’s no one way to help it."

So, a baby appearing to be healthy has to be in excruciating pain, and has to be in that excruciating pain for a time doctors made up, in order for it to be colic. Well, Emilie "meets" their "criteria" and theres still nothing that can be done. So yeah, after your baby meets the criteria, you get a pat on the back with the words "congratulations, your baby has colic". Sorry if I'm being a bit condescending to reality, but I'm more than a little bit upset. Have your baby reach her max level of pain, screaming like her puppy was murdered, and you'd be pretty upset too. And the only thing you can do is "let them grow out of it" because putting anything but breastmilk into their delicate fragile bodies could potentially make matters worse!

Anyway, we've been dealing but it's been hard. I wish I knew what was wrong, because I know something is. Our technology is just not that advance, but at least it's advanced enough for people to have heat, running water, and medicines curing some of the most common deadly diseases. I'm thankful for my Savior and the love that he's showered us with, and the knowledge of the restored gospel. It can get hard, upsetting, but those are our lots in life to overcome. I don't see why Emilie has to be in pain, but God has his reasons to let things be, whatever they may be. I'll still try my darnedest to help her though!
Picture
Ready for church
Picture
Story time before breakfast

Comments