Doc visit, Emilie in a bouncer, Haircut, Emilie's 1st food and the Royal Family keeps up!


George woke up 4:45am today. No bueno. Well, you can thank George for helping me write a blog today. I'm still groggy and we're all going down the hill today. *forced vitual smile* Well, I guess I'll begin the blog as I normally do, with story by pictures. Yeay ^_^ *Mental dance*
What is this picture? Can you guess? It's George looking up at the ceiling of the doctors office, reading the ABC's made up of body parts.  Stellar, right? (not real body parts, drawings of them, in case you need clarifying.) 
George did awesome, with all considering of his infected hand getting lanced. The nurse did an awesome job of distraction that kept George from realizing what was going on. She handed him a box of toys from him to pick one, as the doctor turned his back to George, slipping George's hurt hand under his arm. No lancing was seen by George, and it worked out beautifully. Now he's on bubblegum antibiotic medicine, which he demands to take 24/7. Apparently it tastes really good.
Ok, let me just say, I have the cutest kids ever! Me saying that this early proves it's not just me or that I have insane mommy hormones... I think it's both honestly, though. We got the bouncer out yesterday, after a friend was saying how excited she was for hers to arrive in the mail. Her baby girl is one month younger than Emilie so I thought it had to be time for Emilie too. It was so cool to see her stand up in it. She doesn't bounce yet, but she's just getting warmed up to it like when George first did. As you can see, George did not appreciate Emilie being the only one getting a ride, so I had to give them turns. He's getting a little big for it, and I really had to keep my eye on the doorway gripper worried it would fall and bonk his head, but it turned out all right!
I gave George another haircut this past Sunday. My mom says it makes him look older, but I thought it made him look younger. I'm not a fan of it being shorter since he looked like such a cute shaggy California boy, but what do you think? George's haircut is a bit different every time and this because, alas, I am not a professional haircut stylist. I really should take an online class though! Emilie's six month pictures are coming up and I'd hate for George's hair to be a disaster in our upcoming family photo shot they always offer to do at JC Penny's. Well, I'm pretty convinced George would look cute with any haircut at least, so nothing I can do can do too much harm at least. Phew.
Look at those eyes, they melt my heart! Oh my goodness, mommy hormones is the only thing keeping me awake. Emilie had her first food two days ago and continued the streak yesterday as well. Her first food? Apples! Well, apple sauce. I know the pediatrician said bland veggies first, but as she tugged the soon of apple sauce to her mouth (which was originally going to my mouth), I couldn't resist. Ok, I could of, but I wanted to see what she did! She did sort of a "nursing lapping of milk" style as she ate it and her face looked really confused and wide eyed. We just gave he a tiny taste that first night. Last night as we proceeded to eat, she started screaming. We laughed it off, but then I realized she wanted to eat! I got out the apple sauce (we eat plain apple sauce in case you might be freaking out since it's not specified for babies), and boy was she excited and pulled that to her mouth! She must have had at least 1-2 tsp of apple sauce. So exciting ^_^. I don't want her to quit breastfeeding by any means (I'm not ready for that!), I just want her to try yummy foods, and she does too!

The doctor told us to start introducing food at 5 months, because babies seem to be less picky with trying new things than they are at six months, and at six months introducing food is a must (according to our science today. I bet when our kids are grown up, they'll say something different). Our doctor did tell us to start with bland foods first, but that was after I had started feeding her apple sauce that I remembered that. It turns out fine anyway. Now both George and Emilie's first foods both begin with "A"! George's first food was avocado, because I didn't want it to be the norm, and Emilie's first food was apple sauce, because I forgot to start her on spinach and got too excited!
Oh, and did you hear? They royal family is keeping up with us! ;) Yeah because we're that cool. They named their daughter Charlotte Elizabeth Diana! Emilie's middle name is Elizabeth too! They named their son after George, and now they're taking Emilie's middle name. I must say, I'm honored!!! We love you darling royal family! ;)

Comments