Museum Day!


Picture

Last week some of our friends invited us to go down the hill to have a day at the Museums. Oh my goodness did George and Emilie have fun! I was so shocked to see a whole kid area dedicated to those under the age of five! George started to go to work immediately, and Emilie asked out in the sling, taking in all the sights and sounds.

In the pictures above, you can see George at work. There were hundreds of colorful balls, and vacuum holes that George would stick them in. The balls would go through a series of pipe ways, and fall through elaborate maze ways that would go down the side of the big wall. George has so much fun!!! For about an hour he had the expression of complete concentration, so enveloped in his work! Halfway through his time, he also discovered a more effective way at gathering balls for the vacuum. At first he would carry as many as his little arms could hold, but then he found out a little grocery bag could help him more effectively. I'm so proud of him, he did so well. The gears of his brain were turning and turning as he learned there!

Later, my mom and I booked a showing at the IMAX theatre, seeing there was an Outer Space showing, and thinking George would LOVE it. Well, it was pretty cool at first, hanging out in the dimly lit purple dome, but once the show started it turned for the worse! It turns out that George doesn't like the feeling of being in a pitch black orb hanging out in Space! I felt like I needed a seat belt myself, but wow, it was such a bummer. The whole movies he waved his hand and said "Don't like this! Don't like this!". Luckily, half of the movie was on earth, with Scientists explaining scientific things, and when the erie floating in space happened, bribing my son with my $2.50 chocolate bar calmed him. I happy to announce that we were able to watch the full hour show, though we will not be doing it again! :) Oh, and Emilie slept through the WHOLE MOVIE!!!! I did cover her ears as the rockets launched though, but I don't think that's cheating, do you? 

Comments