Unit Studies Success!


Picture
Before last month I had no idea what Unit Studies were till I ordered a book from the library called 100 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum, by Cathy Duffy. Yesterday I put unit studies into practice, and it was a fun and enjoyable experience! As George and I were singing Primary songs, we stumbled into singing the Snow Man song; which he absolutely loved. After singing it about 20 times, I said, "George, would you like to how ice melts in the sun?". George was really excited to, so we headed to the garage and got some ice out of the freezer. I told him that snowmen are made of really small pieces of ice called snow as we made our way up the driveway. Once we put the ice down and it started to rapidly melt, we started singing, "Once there was a snowman, snowman, snowman. Once there was a snowman, tall, tall, TALL!!! In the sun he melted, melted, melted. In the sun he melted... Small, small, SMALL!!!". I asked him afterward if ice melts if it's cold, or hot, and he replied "Hot!". Science experiment accomplished, as well as some fun singing and dancing time!

Comments