Busy Work Week for Daddy and a New Camera Phone

Emilie in my shoes!
George playing chase with his cars outside (My little kitty)
George and Mommy testing the Selfies out on my new phone

It's been a pretty crazy week. Scott's been on a crazy business demo Mon-Sat (which will continue) through next Mon-Thurs, and has been leaving before daylight and just getting back at the kids' bedtime. I've also been graced with the flu. I'm behind on everything it seems. These past two days has been almost all screen time since just getting out of bed made me feel nauseous. Today I'm feeling better, though still feeling somewhat weak and finally getting to the laundry. It sounds horrible, but stain treating watching the new season of Thunderbirds 3 on Amazon it isn't so bad! Somehow the house has managed not fallen into a category 3 tornado either (perhaps from the kids in bed with me watching tv?). Well, it's been a long week, I'm tired and want a nap.

In others new, though I've been graced with the flu, I've finally received my new phone in the mail! The Galaxy S8! I've been using an S6 which has been dying on me battery-wise and have been waiting for over half a year for it's new release! It's big (which I like), but the layout differences and Bixby (which is actually not fully functioning on models right now) are very annoying. However, I didn't get it because of it's beautiful looks, features, or Bixby, but rather for the improved camera and better battery.

Here are some comparison shots from the S6 and S8 below, which were taken at the same time, side by side below... In case your wondering, I didn't crop them and they are taken from the same distance. The difference in angle is because they are taken side by side. It looks like they warmed up the pictures automatically a bit more, and also there is less difference between vertical and horizontal shots (making vertical shots and movies less annoying! Every seen a vertical movie captured on a phone? It's a headache!). Overall, there seems to be a lot of improvement, however I was disappointed that the shots weren't more clear compared with the S6, and at times even less sharp. Also, on the S8 screen, shots look more blurry, which took me aback. I was actually thinking of returning my S8 because of this, but after seeing them on my computer, I know the shots are actually slightly improved (especially the ones taken outside and in good lighting). It'll take some experimenting and taking lots of pictures, but I'm sure it'll be great. Also, the two pictures above of George and Emilie were taken on the S8, not bad huh?!

Galaxy S6
Galaxy S8

Galaxy S6
Galaxy S8
Galaxy S6
Galaxy S8






Comments