2nd Republican Debate (9/16/15)


Yesterday night was the Republican debate on CNN news (did a whole lot better hosting than Fox!). I was super excited for it, but had no idea it would be thee hours long! I hope they have them good length for the DEMS so we can actually get their views out and get them heard since Ms. Debbie the Bulldog won't budge! (I'm open minded and like to hear democrats too, it just ends up that conservatives agree with me with supporting family and my church views and values. I'm fed up with both parties though. Once people get power, they abuse it, and both sides have done it).
Picture
I was really excited for Carly Fiorina the most. She blew everyone away with power, self confidence and elegance. She defended herself good against Trump too, saying along the lines of "You said you understood what Mr. Jeb Bush said. I think the women of America understood you clearly too." She's elegant, firm and I think might be a good nominee. Her closing speech was so aspiring too. She talked of Lady Liberty and Lady Justice and how they stood and ruled (apparently my mom cried during it). Anyway, Carly is one of my top picks for Nominee of 2016.

Picture
My other favorite is Ben Carson. He's humble, grew up in the poverty of Detroit and got out of poverty and success because of his mother who shut off the TV and got him into reading. He realized he was in control of his destiny like all the characters of his books. He hated poverty, he wanted to get out of it, and he did. With him, I think he could mend the racial tension that has stirred up in America. He knows Black America well, figured out the lies that has blinded Black Americans to stay in poverty and I think would be a true asset to America. He's one person I feel that could "unite us" in a dangerously divided America. The only thing that worries me is that he is so calm, and quite spoken (though he does get his points across)!

Other candidates I like are Mike Huckabee (he's one of my favorite, but he's not getting enough momentum), Marco Rubio (totally with it and makes sense!), last option Donald Trump (he's a wild card. He'd either be great or a nightmare in the White House). Everyone else on stage, you may now step off!

I am so proud of George and Emilie for doing so well during the whole debate! George hates debates (can't blame him, I hated the news as a child. Well, I actually still hate the news...). George kept himself occupied by putting his face in the camera that was viewing our projector screen (I was streaming the whole debate to my mom who couldn't get CNN to play it. Mom loved seeing George pop in view all the time), tipping over furniture and wrecking havoc on the entire upstairs with occasional bites of ice cream. Emilie demanded to be in my arms at all times, but had to be kept entertained for the duration. How I watched, who knows, but I did watch and/or heard for most of it (to my amazement, 3 hours?!) and the kids did GREAT with all considering.

Comments