So Awesome chocolate peanut butter and raspberry shake

Picture
Yesterday I had gotten so mad after eating a whole salad (plain spinach with olive oil, salt and pepper) to find out it had no calories. I ranted to my husband, 'Why do they make us eat salad if it only fills you up but doesn't give you any calories?! Why can't we just take vitamins?' -Well for some reason it's healthier, I can't say why, but it is. And it's takes tons of chewing, energy, and shear depression at times (especially when you're being let down like me and not achieving goals). So today, I decided to "drink" my veggies for breakfast and load on the calories to start the day off right with some energy. My doctor said it's not just about getting calories, but how you're getting them (she wasn't thrilled that I getting my calorie intake goal easily on fast-food days). Well, I think this fits the bill (and 1/2 cup ice cream never hurts in moderation either). Healthy calories meet yummy and easy. This morning I took my time drinking the 2 cups of this shake with 2 one-inch cubes of cheese and half a slice of whole wheat toast with olive oil and peanut butter (the whole breakfast 865 calories today, yeay! Yesterday it was 220! Improvement for a breastfeeding mama!), while writing this blog. And I'm happy to announce I don't feel sick with the good food combo too. ;) (everything makes me feel sick it feels like)

So Awesome chocolate peanut butter and raspberry shake (George tested and approved!)
  • 1 packed/stuffed cup fresh organic spinach (5 cal)
  • 1 C or more frozen raspberries (70)
  • 2 T peanut butter (190) -can try without for more razzmatazz flavor, though it's 7g protein total!
  • 1/2 C (packed) softened chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream (160)
  • 1 C chocolate soy milk (120)

Put all in blender and blend! Makes two cups

545 calories total
272 for about one cup

Comments