George's New Room!


Ok, so we're in for a day of sorting through some of our moving boxes (or shoving them into another corner of the house *cough*), but we're making room in the "boy's room" for George now (conveniently on my and Scott's anniversary)! I told him that since he's three now, he can have his own space/room! We had a nice chat with the Pediatrician, and she told us it was great for him to have a room to be sent too if he's having a tantrum (to either play or scream, but to get the point that tantrums aren't socially acceptable) and I think it's good to have a little space that Emilie can't go into too. This morning the conflict of sibling-hood and space just started to begin, with Emilie following George in her walker everywhere, and with George being in a fragile mood, it wasn't the best combination! "Stop following me! Mommy, Emilie's following me," with some crying and running away, and a counter push at Emilie's walker. I told George, that he could go to his room and that Emilie wasn't aloud in there when he didn't want. He didn't really go for it at first, saying it was the "time out room". -Ok, yes, I made his known future room into a timeout room since we moved in and reversed the lock on the door so I could lock him in (though only for a minute per year old he was). That might not have been the best idea, but he seems to be okay with the idea of it being his room now!

Well, anyway, we're in for a day of organizing and sorting and George is super excited. We even have a few pictures my sister had gotten George of tech-cool robots (with autographs ;)). Lots of personalizing to do (more fun for me).

George won't have to sleep in his room by himself if he doesn't want to, but it's his own little space and he has the option. Tonight, we may take out his old crib and turn it into a toddler daybed in our room and give Emilie his toddler mattress. We'll see. Pictures to come of George's finished room! Love, Mary.

Comments