Pomegranate Raspberry milkshake


Picture

Pomegranate Raspberry milkshake (George approved)

  • 1 Cup chocolate soy silk milk (120 cal)1 thing of pomegranate greek yogurt (120 cal)
  • 1 C frozen raspberries (70 cal)
  • 1 twin ice cream bar (170 cal)
  • 2 brussel sprout ice cubes (practically no calories) - could sub with regular ice cubes. Otherwise, cook Brussel Sprouts, blend it with enough hot water to blend in blender, and freeze in ice cube trays. Makes great baby food too ;) Actually, that was it's main purpose...

Great! Brussel Sprouts makes a tiny bit bitter, so blend well. Pom seeds and raspberries make crunchy. Chocolate soy makes it nice and chocolaty. Fluffy, thick, cold, sweet, chocolatey. Makes two cups/glasses.

410 calories total, 205 calories per cup
Decent protein
Good calcium

Since most people put the intro, and everyone skips it to the recipe (if they aren't family), and decided to do the writing after the recipe! Well, I am on the quest for health, and it's beginning to get hard. My quest for health with the Mediterranean diet has taken a turn for the worst, with me loosing 10 pounds and not needing the loss. Well, I saw my doctor yesterday, and she wants me to aim for 2000 calories a day, 300 extra since I'm breastfeeding. This seems impossible, but I am on the quest to do it. Of course it would be easy to do with processed foods, but produce? Really? She thinks it's possible, but I am highly doubtful. Luckily, Scott and I both received referrals to the nutritionist yesterday, and I'm hoping she'll help. We've been to her once before, and she was fantastic, so we're happy about it. I'm also hoping she'll guide me with a more complete version of the Mediterranean diet (it's hard figuring out a lifestyle diet on your own, and actually, no one's ever advised to try a diet by themselves come to think of it. And apparently salad has, like, zero calories and that was my staple. Cut your calories in half, of corse your going to get rapid, unhealthy weight loss). Well, so I tried a milkshake between meals. The milkshake turned out really good and George even gave it a thumbs up! That's good, since my last few recipes both George and Scott wouldn't touch!  Bon Appetite <3

Comments