Conference at a close


We had trials, and it wasn't easy with two self moving children with abundant energy, but it was an amazing conference. My favorite talks were the first and last talks from Sunday morning session by President Thomas S. Monson and Elder Henry B. Eyring. It was such a blessing the hear prophets and apostles of God and to feel and hear new words of insight and inspiration just for us in this moment of time. And we were able to hear and feel like we were there from our own living room! How incredible is that?

Some things that we've learned that made conference easier is to begin the morning session with breakfast and the afternoon session with lunch! It keeps little mouths and hands busy, fills our bellies and we all have the blessing with sitting at the breakfast table together! We just whip out my laptop, and start it rolling while we sit together and have a blast.

Making general conference weekend as special and as anticipated as Christmas has been quite a joy as well. To anticipate conference was a bit foreign to me, but as we made the preparations, made yummy food to fit the occasion and anticipated, it has been quite a delight. :) I am so glad I found out that way of looking at it from a good family story on lds.org. Now, for future conferences, we plan to do the same, with a little more prep and plan ahead. And who doesn't like 3 Christmas' in a year? Well, as long as you KISS (Keep It Simple Silly!). I send my love to all and invite everyone to pray about which session of conference you should watch if you missed it or chose to opt out. You will get many blessings from watching and listening, I promise.

I love you George and Emilie, my children, you light up my life as I see you grinning and giggling. I love being your mommy <3 And Scott, you are my dream, and I'm so happy to be sealed and married to you. You are my Prince Charming! I'll shout it from the housetops (and the internet waves ;)). Love to all my family and friends, Mary

Comments