George the Friendly Dragon & Emilie with Stairs


Picture
Today, it was impossible to bring myself to not get George this costume! His face lit up and his smile melted my heart.

Though Scott and I decided that we won't celebrate Halloween anymore, we're still having a little party at home with marshmallow s'mores... and I've decided dressing up with costumes too! I just don't feel safe anymore trick or treating and to be honest, I hate the scariness of it all. Recently I've seen too many sharp teethed clowns, and Chucky the horror doll jumped out at me during a commercial. What the heck, people are worried about offending "undocumented immigrants" by calling them illegal aliens; well people, I'm offended by the scariness!!!! The history behind Halloween is pretty scary too. Anyway, George the Dragon, Emilie the Ewok, and Scott and I the Jedi masters will stay safe and sound at home and buy our own $10 bag of candy, watch movies, and roast some marshmallows.

Well, George will be putting this costume into good use with dress up, our home Autumn party, and keeping warm when it gets too cold since it's totally padded up and cosy! George was so excited waring it and literally started crying after he waved goodbye to it as we were leaving it behind and realized what was happening! (...so I got it after debating how much I was damaging him by spoiling him). Oh my, he's so sweet.

Picture
Last week, you will be floored to know that Emilie climbed her first stairs!!! It was hard work, but she was so excited to do it and really loved the experience. After she got through the first handful at the bottom and turned to see the 20-some of the following up, she hasn't done it since, but at least we know she's able to do so now! It was really all quite of a sudden... everyone spotted her grabbing onto it and pulling herself up, and we all gasped and I grabbed the camera and took a video with a few pics! Emilie Sweetheart, we're so proud of you, you did awesome! <3 George was such a good big brother and tried to help out as Scott and I prevented him from doing more harm than good. It was a totally exciting experience and Nana was so happy to be there for it too. :) Will next step be walking???

Comments