Rainy day...


It's official, it's fall. A sudden drop in temperature, hiding in our master room with our electric heated fireplace, and bundling up before going downstairs or outside. Just a few days ago, I decided to let go and... let George play in the rain... and the mud. Oh, his poor leather shoes are ruined, but alas he was able to be a kid and experience life! I think it's really important, more than ever for kids to be connecting with nature considering computer tablets, smart phones, internet and games, including TV that just suck you in. It's too easy to lock the door and not let your kid play in the dirt. My sister told me that kids are just not getting enough bacteria and thus not building immunities to various strains that are normally around. Bad, huh? Well, I gave George some vitamin C and a dose of echinacea, wrapped him up in a coat and sent him out to play. When it's cold I like to build up our immunities, because when it's cold you always catch a cold (especially if you're a little guy)! George really had a blast though and so far no ones been sick... but his shoes are completely ruined ;)

Comments