So cute, oh so funny Emilie & George raving over veggies!


Ever want your little guy to eat raw broccoli and carrots? Get veggie dip! The trip we had to Ridgecrest nautally left our nutrition lacking with fast food places lining the road and the grocery stone a ways away. This time however, we made the point to do some shopping this time on our trip, and boy am I happy about it. Instead of a burger or chicken nuggets at every meal, we can relax in our hotel room and help ourselves to a veggie platter with ranch veggie dip, ready soup, fresh fruit and some granola with milk! When we went up to Ridgecrest and stopped at burger king, our mouths dropped at the price of $26 for the three of us (Emilie can’t eat that stuff yet). Not only that, the food was terrible!!! Apparently they are not even a rival to McDonalds (and I don’t even like McDonalds that much)! I was very happy with their super cute Burger King kids meal bucket and crown though, and grinned at seeing how excited George was! …If only the food tasted good, talk about the worst quality meat ever. Apparently I’m an In-N-Out and Wendy’s type of girl (and In-N-Outs WAY cheaper!).
A few nights ago, Scott and I went to an authentic French Country restaurant called Mon Reve, and oh my goodness, it was the most delicious and totally non healthy food in existence! I had scallops and scrimp in the richest, creamiest sauce with crusted cheese melt in your mouth topping. Scott and I shared a cream brûlée for desert, and oh my, that was the best cream brûlée I’ve had in my life. Emilie and George really didn’t do too well at first. In our great surprise though, George fell asleep face first on the table, and next was Emilie. Emilie! To our surprise, Emilie had the hardest time at the restaurant. In desperation I gave her a hard french roll. The moment I gave it to her, I recalled her intolerance to oats and worried about the effects it might have on her and tried to take it away… She held onto that thing for dear life and would not let it go! I knew if I forced it out of her hard core suck and little grasping fingers that they would kick us out for sure! … So, I let her at it! I can say with confidence that she was the most happy baby alive! After five minutes some ladies at the table beside us started cooing at Emilie. I looked as my face turned red from silently cracking up! Emilie was using the roll in place of a breast and silently gnawing on it as she drifted to sleep. Now, what was so darn cute and classic, was that it kept falling out of her hands, and, with her her eyes closed, she would search for it and put it back in her mouth with her tiny little hands. Other times, completely exhausted, her hands with the little roll would sink down to her lap, then she would jerk and put it back up to her mouth with her eyes closed. Because of her close association with breastfeeding, towards the end of falling fully asleep, she would just open her mouth, expecting it to just pop back in like with breast feeding (see picture above!). Oh my goodness, it was so cute. The women said she could be a youtube icon, but just as we pulled the phone out for a video, boom, she was fully asleep! Oh well, at least I have the story recorded down! Scott and I had a lovely semi-date :)

Comments