Venus, Jupiter, and Mars! Oh my!


I am so happy Emilie woke me up this morning from rolling out of bed because I witnessed the most incredible site. My mouth dropped in wonder as I looked out my window. What on earth, I saw the most magnificent bright star, well to be exact two, and if you look even more closer three! How on earth were these stars shining as the run was rising?! Well, I'll tell you why, they weren't stars, they were planets!!! Starting from the right (brightest) and going left, Venus, Jupiter and Mars (so-so faint I could barely see it in real life, but camera did pick it up; you'll need to zoom in). I was shocked (and so thankful for my new star app I downloaded, "SkyView Free"), normally these planets were on the other side of our house when we first noticed them. Venus is normally viewed in the evening two! Are these three planets normally huddled together? Can you see these planets every morning? I have no clue. All I know is that I was able to sight a miraculous and mavoulous sight! Isn't it amazing we can see a planet who-really-knows how far away?! Anyway, I felt so blessed and like sharing.

Comments